November 11th 2008, 12:02 am by Upatree

» 20 ga slugs
November 10th 2008, 5:03 pm by Admin

Capt. Karl's Fishing Report May 15th, 2008

Go down

Capt. Karl's Fishing Report May 15th, 2008

Post  Capt. karl on May 16th 2008, 12:12 am

Capt. Karl’s Fishing Report
Karl’s Bassin’ Adventures Guide Service, Inc.
May 15th, 2008
www.karlsbassinadventures.com
(410) 459-7445

Welcome Aboard! This week the Upper Bay Susquehanna Flats area has been a muddy obstacle course in many areas. The up and down water temperatures have made for constantly changing patterns. Our best and most consistent pattern has been the INCHI WACKY technique; we are fishing it on docks and shallow wood laydowns. We are rigging the INCHI WACKY with a Webb’s Bait hand-poured 4 ½ inch finesse worm in the (My Mistake, Gunpowder/Brown Pearl, & Fried Banana) colors, www.webbsbaits.com . To learn more about the INCHI WACKY technique, you can read my article with rigging pictures at www.basseast.com .

We are also getting good results fishing a new lipless crankbait called the ROCK-N’ VIBE by ima Japan, by ripping it thru the grass on the higher end of the tides. The ROCK-N’ VIBE can be fished very slowly & still produce a good action, just what is needed in these up-down cold front conditions.

Slow rolling a deps Mini Bro (Chartreuse) spinnerbait & Dave’s Tournament Tackle ¼ ounce Bream spinnerbait in the grass and tight to shallow cover (wood laydowns) has been very productive.

We are applying CB’s Hawg Sauce to all of our baits in the Bass Honey & new Shad flavor about every 5 cast’s. www.cbshawgsauce.com .

I apologize for missing getting my fishing report out the last couple of weeks as the Striper/Rockfish action turned on & I was busy with back to back trips trying to get my March reschedule striper clients taken care of, “Just not enough time in the day”. The last couple of weeks of the Susquehanna Flats “Catch& Release” season was GREAT!!! As one client caught a 41 inch striper & another a 40 ½ inch striper on my top-water lures I designed with AM Lures www.amlures.com . We also had many stripers in the mid 30 inch length. The NEW Special one fish keeper season opens on the Susquehanna Flats area tomorrow May 16th, 2008 and I predict that the top-water action will still be good. I have a few very limited (4 hour) afternoon/evening trips available; please call me at (410) 459-7445 if you would like to grab one of these limited available trips.

Thanks & Good Fishing, Capt. Karl

Capt. karl

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-04-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down